Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Inspired by music...

On Sundays we have music in the gardens. This week, I decided to go out and listen to the flute music. I brought my notebook out with me, sat on the grass, ate a couple rice cakes, and let myself drift away. The result of that was a poem.

I’m sitting under a tree
And there’s a sculpture to my left
I notice the ants crawl on my skin
But there’s a beautiful act of theft
My attention has been taken
By a soft and shallow sound
And I become so still
As I sit here on the ground
The rhythm creates a ghost
It’s floating through the air
I’m afraid to let it in
So I shift my eyes and stare
I try and put this into words
As the world spins ‘round my head
I've been writing poetry
But life’s a book that can’t be read




--
ah bee

No comments:

Post a Comment